Sequencism is an awesome app out for iOS that gives users an easy to use platform for sketching out musical ideas; Rodrigo Roman recently released the most recent update to the app. AUv3 instrument/effect support and Ableton Link support were the two main features added in the update, as well as support for Solfege notation. Anybody looking for a capable sketchpad tool for their moves on the go then this one is definitely worth checking out.
The description from the App store is as follows:
“Sequencism is a music sketchbook tool that allows the creation of short and simple pieces of music. It is designed to provide a traditional user interface of track and piano roll editors, while taking advantage of the touch-screen capabilities of the iPad. It also includes other helper tools, such as chord helper tracks. Note that the main goal of this app is to work as a sketchbook, thus it is not recommended to use sequencism to produce complex songs or to play songs live on stage.”
• Simple track mixer and visual mixer (volume, pan)
• Multitrack editor: MIDI instrument tracks, chord helper tracks
• Support for SF2* and AUv3 instruments (*lightweight SF2 files only)
• AUv3 Effects support
• AU MIDI support for instruments and effects
• Piano roll editor: add, move, copy notes within blocks
• MIDI keyboard, supports multiple scales, including user-defined scales
• Support for diatonic and chromatic chords, borrowed chords (modal interchange)
• Automatic transposing when changing chords or scales
• Supports Audiobus 3 and Ableton Link
• Support for MIDI keyboards, including Bluetooth keyboards
• Export to MIDI
Our certification program is now available during the day.
6 months of intensive, comprehensive music production classes.
Fill your email below and we'll send you ALL the details. Dates, scheduling, pricing & payment plans available.