Sound Trajectory – Mix Sound in 3D Space Plugin
TripinLab recently released their amazing 3D Soundfield application – Sound Trajectory. The application looks incredibly powerful and has been designed to work with modern surround sound technology like Dolby Atmos 9.1. There’s plenty of mapping for directing your sound and there’s even a virtual visual display so you design your sound placement within the context of a listening environment (like theatre). TripinLab provides the following description and feature list on its website:
“Sound Trajectory it’s an app which extends existing solutions like DAW, modular software, live mixing and game frameworks. It is able to work with a lot of voices and speakers for music studio, live concerts, cinema, Fulldome, VR and Binaural. This software merges the best of sound studio techniques and audio game frameworks.” Features include –
- Trajectories – Manage the positions of your sound sources by drawing their path in a 3D space.
- Motion Listener – The listener can track a trajectory or move freely according to natural or extravagant movements!
- Sampler – The sampler plays the audio samples along the trajectories, with 32 polyphonic voices.
- Sources – From mono to Dolby Atmos 9.1, a dedicated editor allows you to define the pattern of the sources. During the mixing, Sound Trajectory allows you to shape them in 3D: position, size, rotation, scale.
- Speakers editor – The speaker configuration is unlimited in number and position thanks to a clear, easy-to-use editing interface
- Video – Visualize video on virtual screen from integrated player or Syphon, Spout or digitizers for all formats from standard, up to VR 360.
- Osc & midi – Use the OSC protocol as input and output in order to control Sound Trajectory from another software or conversely in order to control other software from Sound Trajectory. Use the Midi protocol with 14 bit pitchbend in order to control the trajectories index.
- VST & ambisonic – Sound Trajectory comprises an auxiliary output for the processing of ambisonic sources with vst plugins. This auxiliary bus can be configured in ambisonic format up to the 3rd order in the following modes: FUMA, N3D or SN3D (ambiX).
- Dynamic session – A session can have as many scenes as you want. Each scene allows you to instantly store and recall all the parameters that you have edited or modified: trajectories, samples, position of the listener, etc…
Sound Trajectory has a ree version available for download (limited features, only 4 tracks) or a full version available for 320Euros. Purchase here!